Poppetts Sample Menu
We have consulted with a qualified nutritionist (IFBB Academy Nutrition) to ensure our menu is nutritious and well balanced. All meals and snacks are prepared on the premises by our own catering staff. We believe in incorporating fresh fruit and vegetables into the children’s daily meals and offer only water or milk to drink at mealtimes. A healthy, wholesome approach to meals is adopted to give your child the energy he/she needs to play and learn.
|Monday||Selection of cereals/porridge Wholemeal toast/ bagels/ muffins/ crumpets Fresh fruit||Homemade Pasta Carbonara with Garlic Bread
Peaches & Cream
|Selection of crackers with cheeses, grapes, peppers and celery sticks
|Tuesday||Selection of cereals/porridge Wholemeal toast/ bagels/ muffins/ crumpets Fresh fruit|| Roast lamb / Chicken / Turkey with cabbage, green beans, swede and yorkshire pudding
Stewed Fruit & Creme Fraiche
Homemade Fairy Cakes
|Wednesday||Selection of cereals/porridge Wholemeal toast/ bagels/ muffins/ crumpets Fresh fruit||Homemade Mariner pie with broccoli and cauliflower
Homemade Mixed Berry Sponge & Custard
|Scrambled egg on toast.
|Thursday||Selection of cereals/porridge Wholemeal toast/ bagels/ muffins/ crumpets Fresh fruit|| Chicken casserole with mixed vegetables
Strawberries & Cream
|Soup of the day and rolls
Homemade Oatmeal Cookie
|Friday||Selection of cereals/porridge Wholemeal toast/ bagels/ muffins/ crumpets Fresh fruit.||Oliver’s Butchers Award winning sausage, mash and vegetables
Homemade Bread & Butter Pudding & Custard
| Jacket potato with beans
Fresh Fruit Medley
- Where possible on our menu we source our food organically/locally with our meat coming from ‘Olivers’, an award winning local butchers in Shenfield.
- Babies are weaned using organic jars and our home cooked food.
- Fresh drinking water and healthy snacks are available throughout the day.
- We operate a 4 weekly menu, which changes every four months and incorporates seasonal fruit and vegetables.
- Dietary requirements are all fully catered for.